Offering a truly special mix of old world charm, natural breezes, and modern features, “Gostwyck” c1920, is perched high along the ridgeline of Swann Road. The home boasts captivating views from both the front and rear of the home, out towards Toowong with river and city glimpses, and through the treetops to the south.
You enter the home via a charming, foliage covered archway, greeted by a manicured courtyard and deck which leads you into the federation properties open plan living, dining and entertaining spaces. The high ceilings, period details and abundance of natural light here are truly unique and give this space a special feel. The separate, bespoke eat-in kitchen connects to the dining room and oversized rear deck which provide the perfect backdrop for family living and large scale entertaining.
Down the corridor, the second master bedroom is afforded the same period features, high ceilings and abundance of natural light, and is connected to a walk through bathroom with marble bench tops. On this level there is also an additional queen sized bedroom with a leafy outlook and built in wardrobe.
The lower level of the home offers a generous additional master, a parents retreat, a marble double bathroom, a walk in wardrobe and an office space. This private hideaway also has the potential to be converted into a separate self contained one bedroom apartment, a teenagers retreat, or a second living / media room.
Key features of this unique home include:
– A bespoke chefs kitchen with 5-burner gas cook top, catering oven, eat in island bench and granite bench tops
– Two verandahs positioned to capture both river and tree top views. The oversized rear verandah offers a BBQ area with built in rangehood and sink perfect for entertaining family and friends
– Two master bedrooms offering the potential for either a separate parents retreat or single level living
– Original federation features including restored plaster ceilings and walls, dercorative cornices, double hung sash windows, breezeways and wide board timber floors
– 3 car off street parking with electronic secure gate
– Solar with 12 panels and a 3.5Kw inverter
– Back-to-base alarm
– Air-conditioning throughout
– Ironside State School and Indooroopilly State High School catchments
– Close proximity to University of Queensland, 2 major shopping centres, the Taringa 5 ways convenience centre and well positioned for access to the CBD via public transport.
We look forward to meeting you at one of our scheduled open homes or at a private viewing at your convenience.